Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Corner Turned?...


I don't know how many times we (Liverpool supporters) have heard that this season but I truly feel that is what I witnessed today. That was the first time I've seen the Liverpool team that destroyed Real Madrid and Manchester United in back to back games. Torres was unplayable and if it wasn't for some bad luck he would have matched Frank Lampard's 4 goal performance from Saturday. I think Christian Purslow talking to the senior players and assuring them as well as multiple players and Rafa coming out and admitting they basically threw in the towel after their second loss of the season which pretty much guaranteed they couldn't win the title has freed them. Usually once someone confesses or is able to vent they are free of the burden...that is exactly what today looked like. Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment